Thursday, May 06, 2010

Realizations

I suddenly realized tonight - after completing a weekly website update 11p-12:30a then going out into the streets of downtown Sacramento to get some food and exercise - that most of what I talk to people about is often repeated.

Many times I'll have researched a new widget in a vast machine of knowledge that combines with my previous experience and write up notes for myself that I share with someone.. then another.. then another..

Blogs are SO much better. Sharing, linking to my previous thoughts, etc.

I've also realized tonight after seeing drunken girls in heels faceplant (2) get into fights (3) and walk around drunken and barefoot (countless) that I have no hope in finding a nice girl to call my own. Seeing girls all over downtown stumble around drunk and making out with random dudes, get in their cars and drive home with them just makes me fear for my HEALTH.

Back to the original point, more blogs to follow, and the ease of it comes from my final point which is the iPad.

I find I never use my laptop for portability. Trade shows, meetings in my building's lobby, going out to do work at lunch, sitting in the car, nothing beats a 3G iPad with its 10-hour battery.

Laptops are the new desktops. iPads are the new laptops. You can't walk and compute with a laptop.

No comments: