Monday, November 12, 2007

Doing Things Alone

The biggest realization in my life was that I couldn't do it all alone.

I'm part of a men's group at my church, and having fellowship with them has shown me how easy things are when you don't try to do things yourself, but instead turn to others and humble yourself enough to be in a position you can ask for assistance.

Prayer, turning to God, when we humble ourselves we become able to admit our problems, ask for help, and turn away from following ourselves.

Being one of youngest in the men's group is interesting, most men there have kids my age. However with all their experience in life and experience with marriage, I have learned a lot about being a strong Christian man and how I can become the best Christian husband God wants me to be as I go the rest of my life following Christ.

I enjoy the company of those that are strong in faith, that don't hold onto anger or speak against others, and who forgive people for what they have done in the past.

What I mean are those that don't just read the Bible, but also follow what it commands us to do in life to follow Christ.

Blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it.

Lately I've felt myself separating from some of my friends. I don't desire to go to bars and drink. I don't desire to go out and hit on girls. I don't desire to gossip about people and talk bad about anyone behind their back.

I do not want to merely go to church on Sundays and read the Bible at night. I live to listen and read the word to follow the commands and not stand against truth, but with it.

I separate myself from those that live in sin, serve themselves, and try to constantly turn me from the path I'm on. It's not that I turn my back to my friends, but to the world.

At the same time I find myself not alone, but with others who I can talk to, that share the same beliefs, and know what I will not ever have to do things alone.

No comments: